Tuesday, March 18, 2014

emerging...

Ahh. I feel like as of Friday we are starting to emerge a little from the jet lag fog and look up a little from the craziness! Thursday Sadie had one of her toughest days but Friday was so nice with some good bonding time with Sadie while a sweet friend took the other two for a play date, and later some good play time together with all three kids.

Here are some random pictures from this week.

Sadie LOVED the wagon













At one point this weekend, Carter was sitting in the recliner playing quietly while Sadie ran back and forth across the room to him, kissing at his feet and laying her head on his lap, then laughing and running back and forth again. He would just kindof nudge her away or give her a quick glance, or ignore her for the most part, but it did not stop her from thinking it was hilarious. One of the times she was running away laughing, he said without looking up from his toy, "I like that sister."

Myah still isn't so sure about this little girl who is playing with her toys and wearing her clothes :) I think they will be such good buddies once they warm up to each other! They have their sweet moments but they already both get very possessive, of mama, toys, food...anything! 


We have been so blessed with sweet friends who have been providing dinners for us, and we cannot express enough how thankful we are and what a HUGE help this has been. I cannot imagine how we would have been able to cook dinners with all that has been going on and all of the attention that needs to be devoted to Sadie and family right now. So please don't underestimate what a wonderful gift this is!!! Thank you!! 

And speaking of dinners, I am amazed at what a good little eater this girl is. Asparagus, avacado, carrots, beans, fruit....there is little that she doesn't like. Our other two are great eaters and love vegetables and fruit but we thought she was going to be super picky after eating mainly noodles and congee and dumplings but we have to stop her from licking her plate, haha. But most of all she loves her pasta.

I have had several people ask if I plan to keep the blog going now that we are home. I am going to do my best to update it for a little while on how things are going but it will likely be much more time passing in between posts! Just the nature of things right now! But I'll try to update when I can and we are so appreciative that you all are interested in knowing how she/we are doing with the transition and in keeping up with updates and prayers for us. We would LOVE your continued prayers!








We have Sadie's medical evaluation tomorrow (Wednesday) in Birmingham, AL. It is a long day scheduled...a 2.5-3 hr drive then a 4 hour appointment then driving back, so we are hoping she isn't as upset by the International Adoption Clinic doctors as she was by the China clinic doctors! Ready to hear what they have to say about her development, health, etc.

We were able to visit for a couple of hours with my sister's family at our house this past weekend so they could play with Sadie and get to know her a little. Fun morning!

trying on their traditional Chinese dresses we got for them in China
ninja
cousins
We took Sadie out briefly to a gathering of friends from church and she did great even with lots of attention. She seems to feel very secure while in the carrier. I was so, so appreciative of everyone's support and consideration. So many people have been praying for us, and it was obvious that everyone was mindful about giving Sadie space while talking to her and about showing Carter and Myah such sweet attention along with Sadie. I teared up a couple of times. 

My wonderful mom came up to spend yesterday and today with us, get to know Sadie a little and be moral support and also to help us play catch-up on our tornado of a house. I am so thankful for her.





My brother's family, as well as a sweet family in our church, have both hit some roadblocks in their adoption processes (different countries and situations)... please pray for both of these families for wisdom and guidance and open doors where needed in their adoption journeys!!

Looking forward to this weather warming up a little so we can play lots outside!! 

1 comment:

  1. Erin! I am praying for you guys now and following your blog still! I know in your busy life this may fall through the cracks - but any "after" adoption posts you have I will read. I know for myself we are called on this journey, but I dare not romanticize it as I have done so many other milestones in my life! Marriage, having children just to name a few - lol They all seemed so desirable and were awesome gifts from the Lord that each came with there own new sets of challenges! A friend of ours that adopted from China said some very wise words to me last summer... She said, well now let me tell you - now that all the hype is gone we have a 2 year old in the house. She was just talking, but that was a moment of truth for me! I am sorry that your transition has been challenging, but I know the Lord is still in it! Even when the crowds disperse and you have another toddler in your house! So yeah - keep them coming as the Lord allows - it's an education of sorts for all of us who follow behind you! Praying for you!! - Bethany

    ReplyDelete